Corporate Social Responsibility
We have a proactive policy to maintain a diversity of experience, ethnic origin, mother tongue and gender. Currently 20% women, 4 different mother tongues, 3 different nationalities.
We specifically encourage every team member to feel valorised and part of the team, and have opportunities tailored to their abilities and experience.
- Active in low-energy and passive construction design
- Respect of energy saving targets and legislation in construction
- Staff encouraged to save energy, sort waste, rethink mobility
- Folding bicycle available in office for the use of staff as alternative transport
- Regular participation in British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium - Sustainable Business Development Task Force Seminars, and also Seminars by Brussels Region Institute for the Environment and NAV (Flemish architects’ association)
Environmental objectives and targets
- Partners targets to either :
- a. travel 50% by 0% carbon means (cycle)
- b. travel 70% by low-carbon combustible fuel means
Health and Safety
All staff are in regular contact with Health and Safety Coordinators on different building sites. Experiences and feedback on Health and Safety procedures are discussed regularly in forum within the office. All staff are also aware of Fire regulations, and we have intermittent updates from the Fire Officer. We are currently elaborating a written health and safety policy, linked with general office procedures and environmental policy.